- PhD. 2003 (Molecular/Micro-biology) University of Reading, Reading, UK.
- M.Phil. 1991 (Chemistry) University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan.
- M.Sc. 1989 (Chemistry) University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan.
- Biodegradation/Bioremediation/phyroremediation of pesticides and other contaminants
- Identification and characterization of microorganisms
- Biodegradation of petroleum hydrocarbons
- Biosurfactant production/ oil degradation/remediation
- Biosorption / biodegradation of dyes present in textile effluents.
- Enumeration/Detection of microorganisms in the environment/contaminated waters.
- Biodegradation of phenolics present in industry effluents.
- Water / waste-water analysis
- Regulation of phosphonate degradation in Gram-negative organisms
- Anwar, S., Iqbal, S. Afzal, M., Jabeen H., Khan, Q.M. 2013. Moisture contents, inoculum size and initial pesticide concentration affect survival and chlorpyrifos degradation activity of B. pumilus C2A1. Microbiological Research (submitted).
- Tara, N., Afzal, M., Ansari, T.M., Tahseen, R., Iqbal, S., Khan Q.M. 2013. Combined use of alkane-degrading and plant growth-promoting bacteria enhanced phytoremediation of diesel contaminated soil. International Journal of Phytoremediation, (accepted), DOI BIJB-2013-0056. (I.F. 1.2)
- Afzal, M., Shabir, G., Tahseen, R., Islam, E., Iqbal, S., Khan, Q.M., Khalid Z.M. 2013. Endophytic Burkholderia sp. strain PsJN improves plant growth and phytoremediation of soil irrigated with textile effluent. Clean Soil Air and Water (accepted). DOI # 10.1002/clen.201300006.
- Afzal, M., Shabir, G., Iqbal, S., Mustafa, T., Khan, Q.M., Khalid Z.M. 2013. Assessment of heavy metal contamination in soil and groundwater at leather industrial area of Kasur, Pakistan. Clean soil, air & water. (accepted)
- Khan, S., Afzal, M., Iqbal, S., Miza, M.S., Khan Q.M. 2013. Inoculum pretreatment affects bacterial survival, activity and catabolic gene expression during phytoremediation of diesel contaminated soil. Chemosphere. 91: 663-668.
- Shabir, G., Afzal, M., Tahseen, R., Iqbal, S., Khan, Q.M., Khalid, Z.M. 2013. Detoxification of oil refinery wastewater by pilot scale fed batch reactor followed by coagulation and filtration. American Journal of Environmental Protection, 1, 10-13.
- Khan, S., Afzal, M., Iqbal, S., Khan, Q.M. 2012. Plant-bacteria partnerships for the remediation of hydrocarbon contaminated soil. Chemosphere 90: 1317-1332.
- Ahmad, F., Iqbal, S., Anwar, S., Afzal, M., Islam, E., Mustafa, T., Khan, Q.M. 2012. Enhanced remediation of chlorpyrifos from soil using ryegrass (Lollium multiflorum) and chlorpyrifos-degrading bacterium Bacillus pumilus C2A1. J. Hazard. Mater. 237-238: 110-115.
- Anwar, S., Liaquat, F., Khan, QM., Khalid, ZM. and Iqbal, S. 2009. Biodegradation of chlorpyrifos and its hydrolysis product 3,5,6-trichloro-2-pyridinol by Bacillus pumilus strain C2A1. J. Hazard. Mater. 168: 400-405.
- Fecek, C., Yao, D., Kacorri, A., Vasquez, A., Iqbal, S., Sheikh, H., Svinarich, DM., P'Oerez-Cruet, M. and Chaudhry, GR. 2008. Chondrogenic derivatives of embryonic stem cells seeded into 3D polycaprolactone scaffolds generated cartilage tissue in vivo. Tissue Eng. Part A. 14:1403-1413.
- Afzal, M., Rauf, S., Iqbal, S. and Khalid, ZM. 2007. Characteristics of phenol biodegradation in saline solutions by monocultures of Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Pseudomonas pseudomallei. J. Hazard. Mater. 149: 60-66
- Iqbal, S., Parker, G., Davison, H., Rahmani, EM. and Robson, RL. 2004. Reversible phase variation in the phnE gene, which is required for phosphonate metabolism in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 186: 6118-6123.
- Iqbal, S., Robinson, J., Deere, D., Saunders, JR., Edwards, C and Porter, J. 1997. Efficiency of the polymerase chain amplification of the udi gene for detection of Eschericia coli in contaminated water. Lett. Appl. Microbiol. 24: 498-502.
- Iqbal, S., Khalid, ZM and Malik, KA. 1995: Enhanced biodegradation and emulsification of crude oil and hyperproduction of biosurfactants by a gamma ray induced mutant of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Lett. Appl. Microbiol. 21:176-179.
- Iqbal, S., Nawaz, M. and Ahmad, R. 1993. Urea distribution in blood cells and plasma of buffaloes, cows, sheep and goats. Pak. Vet. J. 13:8-12.
- Iqbal, S., Akhlaq, N and Ahmad, R. 1991. Effect of storage temperature on chemical composition of Mandarin (Citrus reticulata), C.V.Kinnow. J. Animal Plant Sci. 1:32-36.
- Khalid, ZM., Iqbal, S., Tabasum, R., Khan, QM. and Malik, KA. 1995. Biotechnological Solution to Hazardous Effluents from Textile Industries. In: Biotecnology for Sustainable Development. Eds. Malik KA., A. Nasim and AM. Khalid. Proceedings, International Symposium on Biotechnology for Sustainable Development, Faisalabad.
- Khan, QM. Faiz, M., Iqbal, S., Khalid, ZM. and Malik, KA. 1995. Isolation and Characterization of Tn-induced Mutants of Biosurfactant Producing Pseudomonas Strains. In: Biotecnology for Sustainable Development. Eds. Malik KA., A. Nasim and AM. Khalid. Proceedings, International Symposium of Biotechnology for Sustainable Development, NIBGE, Faisalabad.
- Khan, QM. Faiz, M., Iqbal, S., Khalid, ZM. and Malik, KA. 1994. Hydrocarbon Assimilation and Biosurfactant Production in Tn10 induced mutants of P. aeruginosa K3. Proceedings of 2nd International Symposium on Environmental Biotechnology, Brighton,4-6 July UK, P104-106.
- Hussain, I., Khan, QM., Khalid, ZM., Faiz, M., Iqbal, S. and Malik, KA. 1997. Decolorization of aquous dye solutions and textile effluents using industrial waste biomass. In Proceedings of 1st National conference on “Biotechnology for Sustainable Development” Nov. 24-25, Govt. College, Lahore, Pakistan.
For Updated CV plz click following link